Six months ago, it all started with this…
And now… we have this! 😉
The boxed set of French Kissing is out! My mind is still a bit frazzled by this, so I will resort to bullet points to make the following announcements/pleas for help… 😉
– The price of the boxed set is 40% cheaper than all episodes combined. To make this fair on readers who started to buy the episodes separately, I did this. This offer is still valid. E-mail me your receipts and I’ll send you the boxed set for free!
– If you’ve e-mailed me with purchase receipts of the first 4 episodes, you should have received the boxed set from me via e-mail (or directly on your Kindle if you went for that option) last Friday. If you haven’t received it, do let me know!
– Season One is also available in paperback. At $18.99 this version is not cheap, but for a book of 510 pages, it was the cheapest we could go (paper costs money). I’ll be doing a GoodReads giveaway for the paperback. I’ll post the details as soon as I have them.
– French Kissing: Episode One is now free. So, if you haven’t sampled my dramatic new serial yet, here’s your chance to do so risk-free!
– I want to thank everyone who has sent me feedback on French Kissing while I was writing it. Your kind words and insightful comments were very much appreciated… and gave me a few ideas along the way. 😉
– French Kissing: Episode One currently has 9 reviews on Amazon. I need one more before I can submit it to a few promo sites. If you happen to be the person to write the 10th review, send me an e-mail with the link and I’ll offer you a free book from my back list.
– The F/F Romance group on GoodReads will read French Kissing: Season One as book of the month in July. I will be giving away free copies and engaging in some dramatic discussions. Do join if you like processing as much as my characters do.
Well, here we are, Episode Six (aka The Season Finale) is out! For the release of the boxed set (planned for next week) I’ll be doing some retrospective blog posts on what I’ve learned from writing a serial, who my favourite character is (despite, of course, loving them all equally!) and to reveal my ‘fantasy casting’. But, for now, I’m just enjoying the moment of having finished this rather epic undertaking.
It all started from two pages of scribbled notes six months ago, and trust me, these characters, as they grew, have surprised me greatly along the way as well. 😉 It was my initial plan to start on Season Two quite quickly after Season One (with just a break for writing a novel in between), but I think I’ll give myself a bit more time. For me (e.g. a person with a very short attention span), spending six months on (basically) one story is very long. But, I promise to have the first episode of the new season out in January 2015. (There should be enough resolution at the end of Episode Six to tide us all over for a bit.) 😉
That being said, writing this first season of French Kissing was so much fun and I hope that comes across on the page (or e-reader screen). I have such a soft spot for all six (Dominique Laroche included!) of the characters and I hope the season finale leaves you satisfied.
Here’s the short blurb. The longer one (containing mild spoilers about previous episodes) can be found here >>
In Episode Six of French Kissing all the drama comes to a head. Will all the ladies get their happy ending?
P.S. I’ve you’ve e-mailed me with purchase receipts of the first 4 episodes, I’ll send you the boxed set early next week!
Massive plot twist: Episode Five is available already! 😉 It kind of snuck up on me as well, but here we are. I call it the ‘sex montage’ episode, because, well, you’ll see… After all the drama in the previous episode(s), it was so much fun to let all the sexual tension explode.
Only one more episode to go in the season. Just this morning, I finished the first draft of Episode Six, typing a big fat ‘THE END’ after the last sentence. I have to say, after penning 145.000 words of lesbian drama, it was rather climactic.
I’m taking a few days off from writing, but next week I’m going to write a short story that will be completely free, and after that, I’m finally going to start on the novel that’s been brewing in the back of my mind for months (working title: At the Water’s Edge / genre: uber-dramatic lesbian romance).
Meanwhile, here’s the short blurb for French Kissing: Episode Five. For the longer one containing mild spoilers about previous episodes, click here >>
In Episode Five of French Kissing the ladies are licking their wounds after all the heartbreak—and drowning their sorrows in too much French wine.
Enjoy! Episode Six will be out in June (as well as the boxed set.)
Lately, I have considered adding a middle name to Harper Bliss. Obviously, that middle name would have to be ‘Delay’. That’s me: Harper Delay Bliss. All jokes aside, it frustrates me more than anyone when an episode of French Kissing takes much longer than expected to appear on Amazon. But hey, guess what? Episode Four is now (at last) available from Amazon!
About the boxed set, which will be ready in June, not long after Episode Six comes out. This boxed set, containing all six episodes, will be priced lower than all the individual episodes combined. So, it’s only fair to give readers who’ve bought at least four episodes separately a present (e.g. episodes five and six for free.) Here’s how this is going to work:
1. You’ll need to e-mail me (harperbliss at gmail dot com) some sort of proof of purchase so I know you’ve bought the first four episodes. This can be:
– A screen shot or PDF of the purchase receipt of the retailer where you bought the episodes. Don’t send me a link to your Amazon (or any other retailer) account. I can’t (and don’t want to) log in to your private account.
– If you’ve bought all four episodes directly from me via Sellfy, I can verify myself and you can just send me an e-mail saying ‘Sellfy’ (and maybe also say hello).
2. In your e-mail, clearly state which format you want to receive the boxed set in. I have mobi (for Kindle), ePub (for all other e-readers) and PDF. If you want me to send the mobi-file directly to your Kindle, you’ll have to approve my e-mail address in advance (but please ignore this if you don’t immediately know what this means).
3. Please be aware that you’ll be responsible for loading the boxed set onto your e-reader yourself. The file won’t be sent automatically (like when you buy an e-book from Amazon.)
4. There will be a paperback version available as of July, but this offer is only valid for the e-book version of the boxed set.
5. Any questions, e-mail me: harperbliss at gmail dot com
I hope I’ve explained it well enough. If you’ve bought the first four episodes: thank you very very much! (I ♥ you!)
French Kissing: Episode Four IS finished (thank you for your patience!) I’ve just sent it to our distributor… who is located in the UK where today is a bank holiday. This means that Episode Four won’t be on Amazon until next week, but, if you want it for the long weekend, you can already get it from the retailers listed below! (And here is some handy information on how to get books not purchased from Amazon on your Kindle >>)
Here’s the short blurb, for the long (not entirely spoiler-free) one, click through here >>
In Episode Four of French Kissing relationships get tested, old lovers return and a birthday party turns out to be quite the game-changer.
As I mentioned before, if you’ve purchased the first four episodes, I will send you the boxed set for free. Next week I’ll publish a detailed blog post on how to go about sending me your proof of purchase etc.
Happy Easter (weekend) and, once again, sorry for the delay! (Episode Five is progressing according to plan though, and proving to be extremely naughty…) 😉