Last Updated: 11 July 2023
Who we are
This website and our services are aimed at adults and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under 18 years old. If we get information that a user is under 18, we will remove the user’s information from our databases. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent, they should contact us at email@example.com and we will delete such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Which information do we collect and how do we collect it?
- Information you provide to us: We collect your email address (which may contain your first and last name) when you sign up to receive free content, including eBooks, news and offers. When you contact us per email, in a comment on our website, or any other way, we will collect your name and email address and the content of your feedback so we can send you a reply. When you purchase a good or service directly from us we may collect and process your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details or purchase details. Payment details are held by our payment processor, not us.
- Information Automatically Collected: We automatically collect certain information when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, operating system type, browser type, the referring website, pages you viewed, and access times. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. We do not link this information with any personal data.
- We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks such as Facebook, search information providers such as Google, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we use the collected information
We use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain and improve our Services and website.
- To send you promotional communications that are relevant to your preferences, including our bi-weekly newsletter, information on new releases, invitations to participate in promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways. You may opt-out of receiving such promotional communications at any time. Every email tells you how to opt-out.
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide user support.
- To supply you with the goods or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions.
- To send you administrative communications which may include administrative emails, a welcome email, confirmations, technical notices, updates and security alerts.
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
How we share the collected information
We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers: to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to deliver emails; to provide technical support; and/or provide other similar services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. These third party service providers are required not to use your personal information other than to provide services requested by us.
We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
We may share personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
You have the opportunity to “opt-out” of our services by clicking on the link at the bottom of any of your emails and following the unsubscribe instructions provided.
Third party links
The Site contains links to third party Web sites. Please be aware that we have no control over, do not review, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other Web sites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site they visit. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by us through the Site.
Security of your personal information
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
Retention period of your personal data
Access to and control over your personal data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your personal data. At any time you can request the following or take the following actions by contacting at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- access the information we hold about you, including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to.
- Ask to change or correct your personal data
- Ask to delete your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data
- Withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your personal data
- Express concerns you have about third parties’ use of your personal data.
International data transfer
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us and other third parties outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using www.harperbliss.com, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. If you do not agree to our use of your personal information in line with this Policy, please do not use www.harperbliss.com.
Changes to this policy