Archives for June 2014
Six months ago, it all started with this…
And now… we have this! 😉
The boxed set of French Kissing is out! My mind is still a bit frazzled by this, so I will resort to bullet points to make the following announcements/pleas for help… 😉
– The price of the boxed set is 40% cheaper than all episodes combined. To make this fair on readers who started to buy the episodes separately, I did this. This offer is still valid. E-mail me your receipts and I’ll send you the boxed set for free!
– If you’ve e-mailed me with purchase receipts of the first 4 episodes, you should have received the boxed set from me via e-mail (or directly on your Kindle if you went for that option) last Friday. If you haven’t received it, do let me know!
– Season One is also available in paperback. At $18.99 this version is not cheap, but for a book of 510 pages, it was the cheapest we could go (paper costs money). I’ll be doing a GoodReads giveaway for the paperback. I’ll post the details as soon as I have them.
– French Kissing: Episode One is now free. So, if you haven’t sampled my dramatic new serial yet, here’s your chance to do so risk-free!
– I want to thank everyone who has sent me feedback on French Kissing while I was writing it. Your kind words and insightful comments were very much appreciated… and gave me a few ideas along the way. 😉
– French Kissing: Episode One currently has 9 reviews on Amazon. I need one more before I can submit it to a few promo sites. If you happen to be the person to write the 10th review, send me an e-mail with the link and I’ll offer you a free book from my back list.
– The F/F Romance group on GoodReads will read French Kissing: Season One as book of the month in July. I will be giving away free copies and engaging in some dramatic discussions. Do join if you like processing as much as my characters do.
Well, here we are, Episode Six (aka The Season Finale) is out! For the release of the boxed set (planned for next week) I’ll be doing some retrospective blog posts on what I’ve learned from writing a serial, who my favourite character is (despite, of course, loving them all equally!) and to reveal my ‘fantasy casting’. But, for now, I’m just enjoying the moment of having finished this rather epic undertaking.
It all started from two pages of scribbled notes six months ago, and trust me, these characters, as they grew, have surprised me greatly along the way as well. 😉 It was my initial plan to start on Season Two quite quickly after Season One (with just a break for writing a novel in between), but I think I’ll give myself a bit more time. For me (e.g. a person with a very short attention span), spending six months on (basically) one story is very long. But, I promise to have the first episode of the new season out in January 2015. (There should be enough resolution at the end of Episode Six to tide us all over for a bit.) 😉
That being said, writing this first season of French Kissing was so much fun and I hope that comes across on the page (or e-reader screen). I have such a soft spot for all six (Dominique Laroche included!) of the characters and I hope the season finale leaves you satisfied.
Here’s the short blurb. The longer one (containing mild spoilers about previous episodes) can be found here >>
In Episode Six of French Kissing all the drama comes to a head. Will all the ladies get their happy ending?
P.S. I’ve you’ve e-mailed me with purchase receipts of the first 4 episodes, I’ll send you the boxed set early next week!